Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your name, date and where the monitor was purchased. Please note that this email address is only for the registration of the BM1760 Video Baby Monitor.
Your BM1760 is covered by a no quibble guarantee for 24 months from the date of purchase. We’re confident that you’ll be happy with your monitor, however, if you should have any issues within the warranty period and can’t find help via our FAQs, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we will simply send you a replacement. You can reach our friendly customer services team on +44 (0) 1142 81424 or by emailing a message to us at email@example.com
There may be several reasons why this unit is not working, please complete these actions to fix the issue
1. First check that the power cable is plugged in and switched on at the power socket.
2. Make sure that the battery of your unit is fully charged, the Baby camera unit needs 12 hours and the Parent monitor unit needs 7 hours to build up a full charge.
3. Unplug the power cable and wait for at least 15 seconds before plugging it in again.
There may be several reasons why the unit is beeping, firstly check that the power adaptor is connected and that there is power to the unit, move plug sockets if necessary
1. The unit will beep to alert you that your Baby Camera unit is turned off. Check and turn it on if necessary
2. The unit will beep if the Baby Camera and Parent Monitor units are too far apart. Try moving them closer together, but no closer than one metre
3. The unit will beep if the battery in the Parent monitor unit needs charging, try charging it for 7 hours to build up a full charge
4. The unit will beep if other electronic items in your home such as TVs and mobile phones are causing interference with the signal, try moving the unit away from them
5. Check that none of the buttons are stuck, clean the unit with a damp cloth to help release them if necessary
This happens when the Baby Camera and Parent monitor units are too close together or when the volume is set too high. Please ensure the two units are no closer together than 1 metre even when you are using the Talk key, and that the volume is adjusted lower if necessary
My Parent monitor unit is not making any sound but there is noise coming from my baby’s room, can you help?
There may be several reasons why there is no sound coming from your Parent monitor unit. Please complete these checks to correct the issue
1. Ensure that you Parent monitor unit is fully charged – it needs 7 hours to build up a full charge
2. Ensure that the speaker volume is switched to on
3. Ensure that your Parent monitor unit is within range of the Baby camera unit, try moving it closer if necessary but no closer than 1 metre
4. Large objects or other electrical devices may be affecting the signal between the Parent Monitor and Baby Camera units, try repositioning them. Ideally keep your other electrical items including TVs, fridges/freezers, microwaves and mobile phones/tablets/PCs at least 1 metre apart from the Baby camera and Parent monitor units
Your Spear & Jackson BM1760 has been tested to ensure that it has an indoor range of up to 50 metres and an Outdoor range of up to 250 metres
These ranges can only be achieved in an ideal set up where there is a clear line of sight between the Baby camera and Parent monitor units, any obstructions will reduce the range. These are the types of things in a typical home which may be reducing the range of your unit
• Position in relation to other electrical devices - Place the units at least one metre away from devices including TVs, fridges/freezers, microwaves and mobile phones/tablets/PCs
• The building construction of your home, for example material, thickness and humidity – thicker stone walls can have a significant impact on range – try to ensure that there are as few walls and doors as possible between the Baby camera and Parent monitor units.
• Your BM1760 Video Baby monitor is designed as an aid and is not intended as a substitute for responsible and proper adult supervision
• Always ensure that all cables and units are out of your baby’s reach by keeping them at least one metre away
• Never cover either unit
• Never leave either unit in the cot, bed or playpen
• Avoid moist places
• If travelling abroad check that the voltage on your BM1760 matches the local power output
• Do not take either unit or the battery adaptors apart, if you need repairs please get in touch with our friendly customer services team